Am I at flood risk?
Use these tools to learn more about the level of flood risk to your home, property or business.
Visit the Government website to find out if your home is at risk of flooding.
Sign up for flood warnings at the Government website. If there is a flood warning for your postcode area, you will receive an alert on your mobile phone. You can also contact the Environment Agency’s 24-hour Floodline service on 03459 881188 for flood advice if your area is at risk.
Know what to do
- Flooding is possible.
- Check your flood plan.
- Prepare an emergency bag.
- Keep checking local water levels and flood alerts.
- Turn off water, gas and electricity if safe to do so.
- Move valuable possessions upstairs or to a higher level to safety.
- Move your family and pets to safety (ideally upstairs).
- Move your car to higher ground.
Severe Flood Warning
- Keep yourself and your family safe.
- Follow advice from the emergency services.
- Call 999 if you are in immediate danger.
- Be prepared to evacuate.
In England, different bodies have a role in flood risk management. You can find out more about their roles here: Who’s responsible for what – National Flood Forum
Remember that the property owner is ultimately responsible for protecting their own property.